- This event has passed.
Up North Adventure
October 15 - October 17Free
— DATE CHANGE —
Due to COVID-19, rather than cancel this event we are postponing to October and adding on an additional day.
NEW DATES: Thursday, October 15th thru Saturday, October 17th
UP NORTH ADVENTURE
IMPORTANT: At this time, rooms at the All Seasons Lodge are booked. Please make sure to book your own lodging in or around Bison Ranch in Overgaard ASAP and make sure to double check their cancellation policy. Please be sure to register to let us know you are attending and which dates for planning purposes. The All Seasons Lodge is our meeting location during the hours of 9 am – 9 pm and open for everyone to hang out to socialize and participate in activities.
Much of the information below has changed due to COVID-19. Safety measures will be in place including limited access in the Lodge to those who have rented rooms, mask are required at all times in the Lodge, daily temperature checks and masks outdoors when unable to distance a minimum of 6 feet.
Those not staying at the Lodge will need to rent their own place. It is preferred that you rent a cabin, timeshare or condo within the Bison Ranch Community as everything is basically within driving, walking/rolling distance. Bison Ranch is a western themed area with an old fashioned town and cabins throughout the property. The roads are flat paved surfaces. No hills.
Bison Ranch Features:
- Basketball Court
- Tennis Court, Fishing Pond – Catch & Release only (you do not need a license)
- Kids Play area and Ramada
- Old Fashioned Western Town for shopping
- Horseback Stable/Riding
- Wild Women Saloon & Grill
- and a newly added Escape Room
ADDITIONAL LODGING OPTIONS
Google names below for website reservations or call the phone numbers listed. Remember to always ask about accessibility (and their version of accessibility compared to yours) prior to reserving.
We recommend that you plan as far in advance as possible and reserve your rental.
- “Bar S Cabin” within Bison Ranch: 602-284-7207
- “Conifer Cottage” within Bison Ranch: 602-284-7207
- “Gunsmoke Cabin” within Bison Ranch: 602-284-7207
- “Silverado Cabin” across the highway from Bison Ranch: 602-284-7207
- “Bison Condo” 602-284-7207 (NOTE – NO ELEVATOR – Stair access required)
- Wyndham at Bison Ranch: 1-928-535-3010 has some rooms they rent to the public. This is a time-share, however they apparently also rent a portion of the rooms to the public. They said there are (2) special needs rooms and (10) lower level rooms that are not designated special needs but will still fit a wheelchair. MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING AN ACCESSIBLE ROOM IF NEEDED AND MAKE SURE TO ASK IF YOU NEED TO DO ANYTHING FURTHER TO ASSURE YOU ARE GUARANTEED THAT TYPE OF ROOM.
VRBO has rentals – make sure to look at the ones in Bison Ranch/Heber-Overgaard. NOT IN SHOW LOW. There are individually owned cabins and condos that people rent out.
Mogollon Resort Cabins – across the “Highway 260” from Bison Ranch. All are individually owned. You will have to do an internet search.
Best Western Sawmill Inn – on Highway 260 about 10 minutes away from Bison Ranch. 1-928-535-5053
For those of you that are unable to stay overnight at all, you are more than welcome to head up for a day trip. We will be at Willow Springs Lake from approximately 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturday 10/17/20 for a day of kayaking and fishing. After that – you are welcome to come and hang out at the Lodge for socializing, games, crafts and pizza provided by WMF.
Friday Evening Dinner at the Wild Women Saloon:
In past years, many participants have met at the Saloon for dinner. Location (Indoors or Outdoor Patio) will be determined closer to our date. Food and drinks are at your own cost. Estimated time is 6:00 pm.
Saturday Morning Breakfast and then Willow Springs Lake
Breakfast is on your own or bring something to the lodge to share. We typically have something quick and easy as we need to head to the lake at 8:00 am. Even if you don’t want to kayak or fish, the lake is beautiful to sit and enjoy, socialize and take pictures. Those attending need to pack their own lunch, snacks and drinks. If 8:00 am is too early for you – join us as you are able, but remember, we usually only stay until about 1:00 or 2:00 at the latest. We need volunteers for our lake day!
Saturday Afternoon and Evening:
Hang out at the Lodge and enjoy your time visiting, playing a variety of board games, poker/card games, yard games, karaoke, crafts, take a walk or bike ride or enjoy any of the many amenities of Bison Ranch. Pizza, Salad and Drinks will be provided by We’re MOVING FORWARD! Feel free to bring your own food if you would like something different or have dietary restrictions.
Sunday at the Lodge:
Breakfast on your own at your rental or bring something to the Lodge to share. Check-out time as applicable where you are staying. Lodge check-out time is 12:00.
- Meals – your own cost – with the exception of Saturday evening, as WMF will provide pizza and drinks. We will also have snacks and water on hand during the weekend.
- Transportation – your responsibility and your cost.
- You determine how much you want to do.
Sign Up to Volunteer for this event! You can choose what days you are available.
NOTE: This is NOT a registration form — When you have completed this sign-up form, be sure to RSVP/REGISTER for the event as well AND check the “VOLUNTEER” box!
We thank The Next Step Peer Mentoring & More, Daring Adventures and the Philippi Family for providing kayaking, cycling and boating opportunities for this event!
IMPORTANT NOTICE! Effective 1/1/18. If you register to attend an activity or event and end up being a “No Show” OR if you have not notified us in writing that you are unable to attend BEFORE the registration deadline, you will not be entitled to a refund of any portion you paid and We’re MOVING FORWARD! reserves the right to invoice you for any portion that was paid on your behalf.