I M P O R T A N T
CLICK ON THE “FIND EVENTS” BUTTON to refresh this page.
If you click on “Next Events >>” be sure to refresh the Next Events page by clicking on “FIND EVENTS”
Up North Adventure
June 12 - June 14Free – $97.5
UP NORTH ADVENTURE
IMPORTANT to remember: WMF rents the All Seasons Lodge. The Lodge is the place that we do everything at – or as a starting point to leave for the lake, walks, going to pond, basketball court, tennis court, shopping, biking etc
The Lodge only has (5) bedrooms in it. Each year we announce “Ready – Set – Go” when registration opens for these rooms and the first to reserve and make the applicable deposit gets them. WMF sets a reasonable price for these rooms which is always comparable or a little lower than rentals in the surrounding area. Other than the room costs that we charge – WMF is responsible for paying the remainder of the Lodge cost for the entire time.
King Bedroom with private bathroom – Downstairs (1) Available $170 total cost for (2) nights. A deposit of $85 is due upon reservation with $85 due no later than 3/31/20
King Suite with private bathroom and balcony – Upstairs (1) Available $195 total cost for (2) nights. A deposit of $97.50 is due upon reservation with $97.50 due no later than 3/31/20.
Queen room (shared bathroom) – Upstairs (2) Available $145 total cost for (2) nights. A deposit of $72.50 is due upon reservation with $72.50 due no later than 3/31/20.
Twin room (shared bathroom) – Upstairs (1) Available $145 total cost for (2) nights. A deposit of $72.50 is due upon reservation with $72.50 due no later than 3/31/20.
Check-In at the Lodge: If you are staying at the Lodge – we will have someone there to get the key and open everything up at 2:00 on Friday 6/12. Feel free to arrive as you are able. You DO NOT have to be there right at 2:00. Check out time on Sunday is 12:00 pm.
Those not staying at the Lodge will need to rent their own place. It is preferred that you rent a cabin, timeshare or condo within the Bison Ranch Community as everything is basically within driving, walking/rolling distance. Bison Ranch is a western themed area with an old fashioned town and cabins throughout the property. The roads are flat paved surfaces. No hills.
Bison Ranch Features:
- Basketball Court
- Tennis Court, Fishing Pond – Catch & Release only (you do not need a license)
- Kids Play area and Ramada
- Old Fashioned Western Town for shopping
- Horseback Stable/Riding
- Wild Women Saloon & Grill
- and a newly added Escape Room
ADDITIONAL LODGING OPTIONS
Google names below for website reservations or call the phone numbers listed. Remember to always ask about accessibility (and their version of accessibility compared to yours) prior to reserving.
We recommend that you plan as far in advance as possible and reserve your rental.
- “Bar S Cabin” within Bison Ranch: 602-284-7207
- “Conifer Cottage” within Bison Ranch: 602-284-7207
- “Gunsmoke Cabin” within Bison Ranch: 602-284-7207
- “Silverado Cabin” across the highway from Bison Ranch: 602-284-7207
- “Bison Condo” 602-284-7207 (NOTE – NO ELEVATOR – Stair access required)
- Wyndham at Bison Ranch: 1-928-535-3010 has some rooms they rent to the public. This is a time-share, however they apparently also rent a portion of the rooms to the public. They said there are (2) special needs rooms and (10) lower level rooms that are not designated special needs but will still fit a wheelchair. MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING AN ACCESSIBLE ROOM IF NEEDED AND MAKE SURE TO ASK IF YOU NEED TO DO ANYTHING FURTHER TO ASSURE YOU ARE GUARANTEED THAT TYPE OF ROOM.
VRBO has rentals – make sure to look at the ones in Bison Ranch/Heber-Overgaard. NOT IN SHOW LOW. There are individually owned cabins and condos that people rent out.
Mogollon Resort Cabins – across the “Highway 260” from Bison Ranch. All are individually owned. You will have to do an internet search.
Best Western Sawmill Inn – on Highway 260 about 10 minutes away from Bison Ranch. 1-928-535-5053
For those of you that are unable to stay overnight at all, you are more than welcome to head up for a day trip. We will be at Willow Springs Lake from approximately 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturday 6/13/20 for a day of kayaking and fishing. After that – you are welcome to come and hang out at the Lodge for socializing, games, crafts and pizza provided by WMF.
Friday Evening Dinner at the Wild Women Saloon:
In past years, many participants have met at the Saloon for dinner. Location (Indoors or Outdoor Patio) will be determined closer to our date. Food and drinks are at your own cost. Estimated time is 6:00 pm.
Saturday Morning Breakfast and then Willow Springs Lake
Breakfast is on your own or bring something to the lodge to share. We typically have something quick and easy as we need to head to the lake at 8:00 am. Even if you don’t want to kayak or fish, the lake is beautiful to sit and enjoy, socialize and take pictures. Those attending need to pack their own lunch, snacks and drinks. If 8:00 am is too early for you – join us as you are able, but remember, we usually only stay until about 1:00 or 2:00 at the latest. We need volunteers for our lake day!
Saturday Afternoon and Evening:
Hang out at the Lodge and enjoy your time visiting, playing a variety of board games, poker/card games, yard games, karaoke, crafts, take a walk or bike ride or enjoy any of the many amenities of Bison Ranch. Pizza, Salad and Drinks will be provided by We’re MOVING FORWARD! Feel free to bring your own food if you would like something different or have dietary restrictions.
Sunday at the Lodge:
Breakfast on your own at your rental or bring something to the Lodge to share. Check-out time as applicable where you are staying. Lodge check-out time is 12:00.
- Meals – your own cost – with the exception of Saturday evening, as WMF will provide pizza and drinks. We will also have snacks and water on hand during the weekend.
- Transportation – your responsibility and your cost.
- You determine how much you want to do.